Monday, December 3, 2007

The Christmas Season Begins!

Saturday night we went with my family to Temple Square to see the Christmas Lights. It was beautiful because we had our first major snow storm earlier that day so the trees were all covered with snow along with the lights. It wasn't very crowded either because it was bitter cold outside.

Earlier that day` Dave and I decided that since it was snowing so hard, and we didn't want to be out driving around, we would stay in and get all of our Christmas stuff set up. I broke down this year and we bought a fake tree, how sad, this was something I swore I never would do. My reasoning behind it was this, every year we go shopping for a live tree and find a couple that are absolutely perfect, then we see the price tag and Dave tells me no. We always end up with a tree that is a little less than perfect, but it is the right price. This year I decided that seeing as how we wouldn't be able to find the perfect live tree for the perfect price, we could go with the perfect fake one.
Typically Dave and I do not set up Christmas this early, but after reading everyone's blogs, and going to Kari's house for the book club, I felt like I needed to get in gear. So thank you Kari for inspiring me to start our Christmas season a little earlier this year.

6 comments:

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

I'm all about the fake tree. Just buy a pine scented candle and you'll be on your way!

Summmack said...

Isn't temple square one the best ways to start the Holiday? We love going every year, and every year we ride the tracks up (kids love that) and then eat at the Little America (Skip loves that). Looks like you had fun. I need your address so I can send you Averys birth announcement (cause I think its too cute) and our Christmas card. It's nice to finally keep in touch with you again...Happy Holidays:)

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

YES, we love Little America Cafe too! Ooh the french dipped sandwiches and their great ranch on the house salad! ...our Dad's must both love it!

Just us Three said...

I'm glad that you got into the spirit of Christmas earlier this year. I love the holidays and my decorations. Enjoy your tree being decorated the way you want!
Ours seems to lose it's ornaments.(does Kya come to mind???)

Talai said...

I miss being able to visit Temple Square. It is so beautiful! We have a fake tree too. Much easier.

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

I am soooo excited to go to Temple square!!! It looks so pretty! I just can't wait to be in Utah for Christmas! BTW you and Dave are lookin' HOT!