Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas!

This Christmas was a pretty crazy one for Dave and I. There have been some definite ups and downs for us during this holiday season.














The holiday rush started on Christmas Eve. My Mom always goes all-out and makes a fabulous Christmas Eve dinner. Dave and I headed down to that in a major snow storm, the roads were so bad at one point we were considering just turning around and going home to have a quiet night at home. After stuffing ourselves at my parents, we went over to the Garlick's house and played games for a few hours with Dave's family. Then we drove back up to Salt Lake. I just want to give a little shout out to the guys who plow the freeways, you guys are awesome, I was really worried about driving home that night, but by the time we were headed home, the roads were clear and salted, I was very impressed.

Overall Christmas day was good, just busy running back and forth between my family and his. We started out opening presents at our house, and this was a big year for me because it was the first time I have really slept in on Christmas morning. I woke up on Christmas morning at 6:00, usually it is much earlier. After unwrapping presents we went down to my parents house to have a Christmas morning with my family, it was fun to see everyone unwrap their gifts. My favorite part is always watching my niece and nephew unwrap their presents. They always have so many that they don't know what to do with them all. And as usual, my parents' were far too generous, and spoiled Dave and I way too much.
Then we headed over to the Garlicks to celebrate Christmas there. We unwrapped presents there and then had a wonderful lunch/dinner. We hung out there for a few hours and then headed back to my parents to play games. At this point in the day we were pretty much exhausted so we came home! It was a great Christmas!