Thursday, March 6, 2008

My, How things have changed!

I want to preface this post by saying that I fully believe in trying to be a "good wife", but I don't think I could have survived in the 50's. Stephanie, my sister-in-law sent me this article, and I thought it was hilarious! You may have to click on it to make it big enough to read, but believe me, it is worth it! Personally, my favorite parts are "don't complain if he stays out all night", "his topics of conversation are more important than yours" and the classic, "you have no right to question him." What are your favorites? I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That makes me sick. Its funny how satan can twist the Lord's order into something so terrible. Another question, are you supposed to capitilize the proper noun "satan"?

Jessica said...

That is crazy. I would not have survived very well in the 50s. I guess that's just how life was and you dealt with it. I would go crazy thinking that I was less important than my husband and my needs were always second (or third, or fourth...).

Rebecca W. said...

"A good wife always knows her place," yeah and that's right at the top!!! The feminist in me can't read this article without cringing.

Talai said...

Aaron just showed me this article (not to show what I should be doing, mind you). I would never have survived. Thank goodness women have come along way since then. I would go CRAZY!