Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Big Hairy Job!

Today I finally broke down and gave in to Dave's request that we shave Gauge. Actually, I was a little bit manipulated into it seeing as how Dave shaved just Gauge's tail, and he looked so funny I felt bad for him, so I decided we needed to shave all of him. Gauge is not a little dog, so this was a huge project!My little boy with just a shaved tail

Check out those legs!

My two-toned dog

Here I am busy at work

Here is Gauge before Dave came out to finish his head and ears


Dave doing the finishing touches


Here is the final product, my naked dog!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

It looks like he lost 10 lbs and about 10 yrs! He looks like a puppy in that last pic! Oh I miss the huge teddy bear! Can't wait to see you in 24 days!!!!!!

Summmack said...

Looks easier then trying to get a toddler to sit still for a trim! (j/k)What a sweet puppy:)

The Shane Gang said...

He looks a lot smaller when he is all shaved. The "in-between" stages make me laugh. I'm glad you didn't leave him two-toned!

Rebecca W. said...

Isn't it funny how small and skinny animals look without hair? We had to do the same thing with Licorice (may she rest in peace;)) back in the day and she looked emaciated.

Love ya!

Buffy Dayton said...

Nice job! You know if you can cut dog hair you can cut human hair too!! Just kidding! That looked way too fun, and he is way too cute!! I bet I will be seeing you sometime soon. It seems like it has been a while!

coryshay said...

Wow!! You look great, Gauge!!

Talai said...

I think he looks great with his new hair cut. He probably feels a bit nakes now, but he'll get used to it!