Saturday, June 12, 2010

We Did it!



We did it! This morning we ran the Utah Valley Marathon! After 18 weeks of training, it is all finally over! It has been quite a time consuming adventure! At one point I didn't even think I would be able to run because I pulled a muscle in my leg. But after taking about a month off my leg is feeling better, so I decided I would go for it.
The race started at 5:30am in Wallsburg, so Dave and I got up at 2:45 this morning after getting about 4 hours of sleep. We rode a bus up there and stood around in the cold and dark for about an hour. As soon as the race started it started raining. It rained for about the first two hours and was about 40 degrees, not exactly ideal running conditions.
Dave is absolutely my hero! He ran 26.2 miles in 3 hours and a half hours! He is amazing, he was on track to run it in about 3 hours and 20 minutes but he ended up getting a really bad cramp in his hamstring, so he had to take the last three miles significantly slower.
I ran the race in 4 hours 25 minutes, which I am pretty happy with. Next time I will definitely shoot to beat that time, but for my first time, I don't think it was too shabby.

4 comments:

coryshay said...

Kudos to you guys! What an accomplishment!

Rachel said...

Wow amazing!!! Good for you guys!! People that run marathons blow my mind. Congratulations Breanne!

Kristen M said...

That's so awesome! I'm so impressed. I can't even fathom a marathon - let alone in the time you ran it! Amazing - especially for your first time. Congrats to both of you. And yes, it was so great to see you guys at the reunion.

The Shane Gang said...

You are amazing! What a accomplishment. I have never really wanted to do a marathon, but I think you just inspired me! :0 You go girl!