Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grand Canyon Trip

We spent last weekend at the Grand Canyon, wow, what a trip! Neither Dave nor I had been to the Grand Canyon before, so we decided to take a road trip. One thing can be said for sure about Dave and I traveling, we always have adventures! We left at about 10:00 last Wednesday morning driving Dave's work car, we got to Filmore about an hour and a half later and the car broke down. The mechanics in Filmore couldn't fix the car, so we ended up driving back to Provo, we spent about an hour and a half there until we were able to get a rental car. We ended up leaving Provo at 5:30, starting a little later than we had hoped.
We drove to Page, Arizona and spent the night there. The next day we drove to the Grand Canyon and set up camp. We spent the next couple of days enjoying the views and having a great time.
After that first little incident everything else went pretty smoothly. It was a lot of fun, but I have to say, that if McKenna was a little older I would not have wanted to take her there. I know it is a huge canyon, obviously, but it is fenced off in very few places. I admit that since I am afraid of heights I am more than a little biased, but I can't imagine how scary it would be to take a child who liked to wander off! They could easy walk off the trail and over the edge! Other than that minor detail the Grand Canyon is absolutely amazing! It was a fun trip!


Kenna and I playing in the pool

Dave and Kenna in the freezing pool

Kenna playing in the pack and play in the tent

Kenna enjoying the warm weather and a snack



Dave and Kenna at the Grand Canyon

Kenna and I at the Canyon
(Notice Kenna's finger? Yep, on this trip she learned how to pick her nose, major milestone!)

My Family

My little girl is so grown up!

Me looking off into the canyon! (cheesy!)


Dave and Kenna playing in the tree





There were so many elk here! They are so used to people that this giant elk was walking right along the road.



1 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun trip Breanne! Sounds like you had a lot of adventures! Glad Mckenna did so well. The Grand Canyon is so amazing!