Monday, June 7, 2010

Sick Baby

Coming from a mother, there is nothing worse than a sick baby. McKenna came down with a fever last Friday afternoon and I felt so bad! It is so hard when your child is sick, and they can't tell you what is wrong. Everyone keeps asking me if she is teething, well, that is a good question, I really don't know. I don't see any teeth coming in, and when she got her first four teeth she didn't get a fever, but maybe?
I have to admit there is a small, selfish part of me that was a little frustrated with her timing, Dave and I had all of these fun plans for the weekend, and they pretty much all went up in smoke. As soon as I think this I remember that it is not me who is sick, it is my little baby girl, and I stop thinking that.
With all of this being said I have to say I am so grateful for modern medicine. I am not even talking about the serious prescriptions right now, if we didn't have motrin and tylenol this last weekend I don't know what we would have done. I guess I can be thankful that I live in these modern times and not 50 years ago.

0 comments: