Thursday, May 7, 2009

Introducing McKenna Lanae Garlick

Our New Little Family

McKenna's First Bath

McKenna at Home

She is here! Our little McKenna was born Monday, May 4th at 4:18am. She weighed in at 8lbs 1oz, and there is a little discrepancy on her length. The hospital told us she was 18 1/2 inches, but when they measured her they kind of guestimated, so Dave measured her last night and she is actually 20 inches. We are pretty sure she didn't gain a couple of inches over night, so she was most like 20 inches when she was born.
It was a long weekend of waiting, but she is here and we are all doing great! We are all a little sleep deprived, but other than that, things are good! I still owe everyone pictures of me huge and pregnant and pictures of my house, but this post is just for my little girl!
I have to tell you, it is a crazy and amazing experience, becoming a Mom! I would highly recommend it to anyone! You think you love your baby when they are in you, but there is nothing like the experience of meeting your baby for the first time and the love you feel at that moment. It is pretty staggering. We love our little girl so much, it is so fun just to watch and see what she will do next!
Just to clarify for everyone, I was the one who picked her name, Dave left if up to me, and I choose McKenna. I know that it wasn't my first choice before she was born, but it fit her better than any of the other names we had come up with.

9 comments:

The Jackson Three said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. Enjoy these first few days and weeks - they go by way too fast!

Just us Three said...

She is a doll. Really. I hope things are going good and I can't wait to see you guys and your house soon:)

Rebecca W. said...

McKenna is just so stinking cute. I can't wait to see her again. I'm super happy for you guys.

McKenzie said...

Congrats!! She is adorable! But seriously what did we expect from you to?! ;) Have fun, it is such an exciting time. BTW You look WAY to good for just having a baby!! Hot Momma!

Amanda said...

She is so pretty. Congratulations. Sounds like you had a long day, I would love to hear your story if you care to share.

Ashli Miller said...

Congrats! She's perfect.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! What an adorable (and big!) baby. I hope everyone continues to do well.

Heather Walker said...

Congratulations. She is adorable. I hope that you are doing well. I am excited for you and Dave and all the fun new experiences that you will have as parents.

Karleigh Tomlinson said...

That is so exciting! She is such a pretty little baby! And I love the name McKenna. Congrats!