Saturday, February 2, 2008

One Fabulous Saturday!

Today was awesome, Dave and I went skiing at Deer Valley. I have to give Dave some serious props, it was his second time skiing and he did wonderful, he only fell once. I think today was a huge step in converting him over to skiing. The snow was perfect, a little icy, but other than that, perfect!

Deer Valley was hosting the Visa International World Cup, it was the Ski Cross and Dual Moguls today. It was so fun, the Ski Cross was going on right beneath the ski lift that we spent the majority of the day on. After we finished skiing for the day we hiked up to watch the dual moguls, I have to say that this is one of my favorite events. We just stayed for the trials, so there weren't that many people there which was really cool because we got close and personal with all of the athletes. I thought that this was particularly great because most of the people we saw today are going to end up at the Olympics, and I got to see them ski here at Deer Valley. Dave took some awesome footage, but I don't know how to rotate it, so sorry it is sideways.

4 comments:

Talai said...

That is one thing I miss about Utah, the skiing. I don't even want to try out the east coast, I know I will be dissappointed.

Rebecca W. said...

I'm so so jealous. I miss the snow so much and I've heard it's been pouring lately. It's funny because in D.C. it will snow an inch and everyone freaks out. The snow doesn't stick either and there are no mountains. It's kind-of a bummer. I'm glad you initiated Dave to skiing. I've tried to do the same with Chris but he doesn't go for it. He says if he's going to spend money to be on the slopes he wants to have fun (which means snowboarding). Sad days!

Summmack said...

Looks so FUN, I haven't been skiing since high school. Maybe I should stop getting pregnant then maybe I could take a season and learn to ski again:) (j/k) How is your sis? It is so hard not to have your sister close...I know it's hard for me not having Sam here. I hope your doing well.

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

So fun! I have yet to hit the slopes this year!