Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What I have been doing.....



I have admit I am feeling a little guilty about not posting for a little while, I check everyone else's posts expecting them to have updated theirs, and I haven't done mine. I just haven't felt like I have done anything exciting enough to post on. Knowing this, you can continue to read if you want, I will just give a little update of what I have been doing for the last little while. We had the opportunity last week to puppy-sit my sister-in-laws dog, a little poodle. This experience has re-affirmed to Dave that he does NOT want a little dog. The puppy was a lot of fun, she was just really hyper. The reason I put the picture of Gauge up here is to somewhat illustrate his infinite patience, he was wonderful with the little dog jumping up on him non-stop for a week. The second picture is not exactly the most flattering of me, but it was to commemorate an exciting event, the first time I have actually caught a fish, fly fishing. We went fly fishing last week and I actually ended up catching 4 or 5 fish, I have yet to land one, I guess that is the next step? Anyway, I guess you can't really appreciate this fact unless you have been fly fishing, but I thought it was pretty cool anyway. My book club went well, not as many people showed up as I had planned, but it was still fun, and there is always next month. The book we are reading this month is The Secret Life of Bees. So other than working, and reading, this is pretty much what I have been doing the last few weeks, not that exciting, but hey, you were warned.

4 comments:

Talai said...

Great update. I read "The Secret Life of Bees" and loved it. I thought it had a lot of similarities to "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn." Hope you enjoy it if this is the first time you have read it!

The Jackson Three said...

Congrats on catching the fish - and on the first book club! You'll love Secret Life of Bees!

Rebecca W. said...

I love, love, love The Secret Life of Bees although it was a really hard book to read-I think I cried through three quarters of the book. I just finished Austenland, it's a really easy read but charming and fun. It's based on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice but with a modern day twist. I read it in like a day-I just couldn't put it down. You should check it out.

Nan and Ryan said...

I didn't know you were a fisherman! Looks like you had fun.