Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Book Club!



Anyone who knows me knows I am an avid(Dave would say obsessive) reader. I have been hearing a lot about book clubs lately and have decided to start my own. I am so excited and a little nervous. I have never actually been in one, so everything I know about them is through researching them online and what people have told me. I am always looking for great new books to read so I figured this is a great way to read new books, and to get together with friends. I have to be honest, I am excited about reading new books and everything, but I am really excited for the once-a-month girl bonding time. I definitely don't get enough of that in, in fact I don't know anyone who actually does. Anyway, I would love any suggestions on books to read, or ways to make the book club better!

6 comments:

Rebecca W. said...

Sounds like fun. I wish I could be there to participate. I don't have any books to recommend but as soon as life settles down, I plan to take time to read. BTW I'm coming to town in 2 weeks to go to the doctor. I'll only be there for a few days but I'll try to stop by and say hi.

Talai said...

Yea, a book club! I wish I was there to join. I love reading (hence the English lit. degree). Adolescent lit. is all the rage right now. I recently read "Walk Two Moons," by Sharon Creech,which was wonderful. I also have my staples: "Where the Red Fern Grows," "Grapes of Wrath," "My Antonia" (I could go on and on). A lot of women in my ward have really liked the new Stephenie Meyer's series (Twilight, New Moon, and Eclpise). I enjoy them, they are light reading and a fun plot. Have fun with it! Reading just enriches my life so much.

The Shane Gang said...

I can't wait for the book club to begin! I don't have any good in mind, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for good suggestions. I wish I could say reading was my life, but I do enjoy it and am excited for "Girl's Night"

The Jackson Three said...

Also love book clubs - I just finished a great book called "These is my Words" that was recommended by one of my friends - it was a really good read. I also like all of Amy Tan's books ("Saving Fish From Drowning" and "Joy Luck Club"). And "Life of Pi" and "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" are great ones for a book club. Have fun and enjoy!

coryshay said...

Hey!! I finally found your blog. Very cool... So you'll have to let me know what book you decide on tonight. Sorry I can't be there.
Shayla

Nan and Ryan said...

Sorry I need to bail on your bookclub. School is getting crazy! Hope the first night went well. Besure to post what you guys are reading.