Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Pete's Hole!

This year to celebrate the 24th of July Dave and I decided to go camping at Pete's Hole. We have come to this pretty little lake at least every other year since we got married. We thought it would be the perfect place for McKenna's first camping trip. Pretty impressive, don't you think, she went camping before she hit twelve weeks old! Actually, I think we may have been just a little crazy to have taken her so young, if we didn't have our tent trailer there is no way we could have done it. It was so nice to get outdoors and enjoy the cooler weather!

Gauge, McKenna, and I holding the fish that Dave is catching in the picture below!(Yes I am holding the fish pretty tight, it had already gotten away twice and Dave was determined to get this picture)




Dave catching a fish for our picture
Dave and McKenna cuddling on our bed


McKenna and I getting ready for our hike

After the first sleepless night we decided to try something different, so we bundled McKenna up and put her in her car seat, it worked great! She slept so well in it, which was a huge relief!




McKenna enjoying the Great Outdoors


McKenna and I playing


Dave and McKenna about to go on a walk


McKenna and I at our campsite

7 comments:

Talai said...

I'm not gonn'a lie, I really am impresesd that you went camping before she was 12 weeks. Aaron and I have been saying how much we want to go camping since Owen has been born and we keep finding excuses. Good for you two!

coryshay said...

She is so dang cute!! It looks like you had so much fun!

bloggingchristy said...

Wow, I'm not sure if you guys have a house or you just live outdoors! Everytime I read your blog, I'm so jealous! Dang Texas for having no mountains!

The Shane Gang said...

I love you and your camping family! McKenna looks like she was made to live in the mountains! So fun!

Delgado Fam said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! I can't get over how ADORABLE McKenna is!! What a sweet smile.

Amanda said...

She is such a doll! Good for you guys, I love that you went camping with a new baby!

Tiffany Anderson said...

Oh my gosh you are so cute! You daughter is adorable. I saw your blog on Lisa's and I had to peek! I have to say you look so happy! You look amazing for just having a baby! Congrats! Tiffany Ellis Anderson!