Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Rodeo, a Sick Dog, and a Bucket of Water!

What a weekend! I have to say that I am glad that it is almost over! It started out good enough, on Thursday night Dave and I went to the Strawberry Days Rodeo with my Dad, Ryan and Callie and their adorable kids! It was a good rodeo, it was just hard for me because it was the first time I have left McKenna for an extended period of time, so I was a little stressed out all evening. The good news is McKenna was fabulous for Stephanie and Derek (thank you guys so much for watching her)!

Friday was a pretty good day until Dave and Dallin went on a 4-wheeler ride and decided to have Gauge run along behind. This is something that Dave does all of the time and Gauge loves it and gets exercise. They were going along and all of the sudden Gauge gave up and laid down and wouldn't get back up! He got heat exhaustion! We ended up taking him to two vets and he spent the night at one of them! The poor puppy is so sick! He is doing better today, he is keeping down food and water, which is huge progress.

On Saturday I was carrying a bunch of things out to the car, among them were my purse and a bucket of water so we could clean Gauge's throw-up out of the back. When I was switching the bucket from my left hand to my right I ended up dumping the whole thing in my purse! Dave managed to get my ipod out before it was damaged, but my phone wasn't so lucky. Our phones are about a month old! It kind of works, so if you call me and my phone drops the call, or it just doesn't work at all now you will know why!


Callie, Ella and Landon at the Rodeo


Dave and I at the Rodeo


Ryan, Ella, my Dad, and Dallin


My Poor sick puppy! (I don't know if you can see it, but they shaved a little square patch on his arm for an IV.

3 comments:

coryshay said...

not very fun, but I'm glad Gauge is doing better!

Tristin said...

Ok so we finallly started a blog...Mckenna is adorable...I love all the pics!!! I hope Guage gets better soon...that's not very much fun for him.

Ashley said...

I miss my Family!!!