Thursday, February 18, 2010

Training for a Marathon!

Dave and McKenna after our Run
McKenna with her weather shield (I promise, she is in there!)

I have had a goal for some time now to run a marathon before I am thirty. Not that I am knocking on 30's door, because I am NOT, but I decided that now is the time to do it. I just happened to be married to an amazing supportive man who is willing to train and run it with me. So Dave and I are training to run the Utah Valley Marathon! We are into our second week of training, and things are going well. Every day our whole family is out there running, it is awesome! We even have our dog Gauge out there, so he is losing his winter weight!
McKenna is such a good sport, she loves the outdoors and going on walks/runs, but it is still a little cold for her. So we bought a weather shield for the Bob and now she is all warm and toasty for our
runs! I have to say that it is so fun to do this as a family.

2 comments:

Buffy Dayton said...

stop being so impressive! Sheesh, you make the rest of us look like crap-ola! Just kidding, so have you stopped p90x or are you doing both?

coryshay said...

Good for you guys!